- Never go online without adult supervision.
- Do not use bad language or write hateful things
about another person. Email threats are taken very seriously.
- Keep your password a secret*****.
- Do not give out personal information, such as your
address, telephone number, or school name and address.
- Never agree to go meet a person you have met online.
- Never send your picture to a person you have met
- Be careful downloading files or programs. They
can contain viruses, spies or hackers that can harm your computer, check with an adult
before you click on something.
- Do not open or click on banners or advertisements
and if one pops open, click the X to close it.
- Remember Spammers collect screen names in chat
- You should know everyone on your buddy list.
- Do not copy and paste information (Sentences and
Paragraphs) from the Internet and pretend they are your words. This
is cheating or plagiarism read and always write in your own words
and then cite your resources.
- Tell your teacher or parent if you come across any
information online that makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Never use a computer to steal or destroy computers,
files or programs.
- Do not criticize anyone online. (Netiquette)
- Capital letters means that you are shouting.
- Share your Internet knowledge with others.